Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday April 18th update

I cannot promise that I'll be able to blog so often but I'll try to do it as often as I can. I know Nancy needs your prayers so much and if we really believe in the power of prayer, we know that mountains can be moved!

Nancy had a hard time last night with getting Alicia (2) to bed. She told me about a sweet thing that Alexander (9) did. He first came into the room and told Alicia that Mom is going through a hard time and that she needed to be quiet. However, as you can imagine, it didn't work. So Nancy told Alexander to go to bed. But he responed that he was going to stay there with his mom until Alicia went to sleep. He then helped get Alicia to sleep by telling her stories and sitting with his mother. That really warmed Nancy's heart.

This morning was especially hard for Nancy. As she was making oatmeal, she broke down crying as she remembered how much Brian loved oatmeal. It is often those little things that get you the most. Please pray for her as it seems that the reality of Brian's passing onto his everlasting life is really hitting home. I think our whole family is struggling this day. So much to do, such a drastic change for all of us, so many things we miss about Brian.

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment