Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday, May 20th

Greetings friends and prayer warriors! Sorry I haven't sent too many updates. I'll try to do 2-3 a week when I can.

God has been gracious to my sister. Praise God that she was able to refinance her mortgage at a much better interest rate, saving hundreds of dollars a month! It seems that the insurance issue with the kids has been sorted out but she is still waiting for official confirmation, so we are cautiously optimistic at this point. She has been getting some good advice from some sources and we are encouraged as her situation is looking better.

I spoke to her today and she was busy writing some thank you letters. It was a hard night last night for her but by thinking of all the graces given by the loving family of God, she was again reminded of His goodness through the church and it helped lift her countenance. It seems like ages ago that Brian was taken home to heaven but a simple comment in a conversation or a simple reminder can bring forth a lot of emotion and sadness in my dear sister. Please pray for her. As many know, the intial response is so encouraging but as time wears on, people forget and many things sink in.

Thank you for lifting up my sister, dear friends!

1 comment: